Friday 13 December 2013

The happiest I've been. (part 4)

Beautiful homes lead to beautiful hearts
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------❀

When I stepped into Muhaimin's house, all I could think was, "beautiful". I absolutely love his house. It encompasses peace, calm and comfort in the most perfect ways. The decor was simple, yet it balances traditional, modern and vintage elements just right. It was spotless, I could see the sheen and sparkle of a newly-cleaned house (and of course, maintained and supervised to perfection by the wonderful Lady of the house). It was as if I stepped into a home-decor magazine ad. I could have had the worst day ever but everything would have melted away once I stepped into this house.

(If you weren't already enticed and/or enchanted by my description of Muhaimin's lovely home, you must see it for yourself. Like me, you will fall in love with it.)

Kharisma and I sat at the dining table while we waited for Muhaimin's mother to come out of the room. The boys, being boys, started playing GTA 5...oh well. It was really nice to get know Kharisma better (and also, it was nice to finally sit down in a very comfortable and well upholstered chair).

>> fast forward to dinner (finally!)

Muhaimin's mother had made spaghetti, and it was so good. I haven't had meatballs that delicious in a really long time. And it was a good change from all that kway teow I was eating for the past few days. Oh, it was also served with asparagus! I've never actually had any before, and I had never found them appealing – but oh, this asparagus was so yummy. It was the way they were cooked! Soft, delicious and garlic-y. It complemented the spaghetti so well. And don't even get me started on the sauce...

The conversations we had over dinner were rather interesting. From HIMYM, Hindi movies, villages in India, farming, worms, bean sprouts and Singapore's over-population issues, we had quite a tête-à-tête (well, I know it was between 4 people, not 2, but I really like that word. heheh).

So, I learnt:

  • Kharisma has a village (i.e. her kampong) in India
  • her uncle is the village chief (thus, she is a Princess (; )
  • she really doesn't like worms
  • Syahmi likes maggots(?) (ew)
  • Muhaimin does not like garlic
  • when DENZ was in primary school, Dhania came up with an idea that all of us should build a homestead-farm together and be organic farmers in New Zealand or some other country (like in Europe)
  • girls don't fart (duh)
  • if your friend's mum asks you how the food is, you just say: its good (which in this case, it was, really)


After we ate and cleared the dishes, I prayed Asar in Muhaimin's room (while the boys continued their game – no shocker there). When I was done, Kharisma and I watched and commented. We even tried playing together (and I 'died' like 4 times hahah)! Too bad there weren't any zombie games, we would have loved to have played them together. (Both of us agreed that zombie games were more fun than...well, whatever they were playing.)

I was ready to go, but since it was almost Maghrib, I decided to stay to pray. And we prayed together with the rest of Muhaimin's family! I felt so at peace...Muhaimin's brother recitation is incredible.

>> fast forward to us about to leave

I went over to see Muhaimin's parents' room to salam his mum.

N: Cik...! Thank you for having me, your house is so beautiful.
M's mum: Oh, thank you thank you...where are you now? Finished school?
N: Yup, I just graduated SOTA. Now I'm just waiting for the results...
M's dad: Ohh, you're the one from SOTA, eh?
N: Yup. Muhaimin went to my exhibition the other day.
M's mum: Oh, you're the one who's birthday is on the 27th, right? 
N: Uh yah. *starts to walk out of the corridor* Your spaghetti is really delicious by the way.
M's mum: Thank you. Eh, Muhaimin's really impressed by your...
N: ...present?

Okay, wow. I've never met her in person and she knows my birthday date? Oh, and the present mentioned above was this card and paper bag I made for his 15th birthday. I think I have a few pictures...ooh a blast from the past.


Why hello, 15-year old me! That was the paper bag and card I made. (I miss my old phone!)
Anyway...we all start to walk to woodlands MRT station. As we neared our last destination together, I felt pure bliss even though this amazing day was coming to an end. I said my goodbyes and hugged Kharisma, she's so sweet! (oh, I'm sorry if any glitter from my top stuck to your shirt, btw)


Well...in part 4.5, I'll conclude this crazy, extraordinary, inspirational day. Watch this space. (;

Stay inspired,
Nurul xx

--part 4.5 coming soon!--