Sunday 23 December 2012

Sundays

Finally! A Sunday...
since 2009, Sundays have been my 'rest days' because on Saturdays, I have Andalus. Apparently, I still do next year (yay!). I will elaborate this below (:

Monday
I cut a fringe! And this time Mama didn't follow me. I just went down to my favourite auntie's hair salon and told her the instructions myself. I am pretty thankful that Mama DIDN'T come with me. The fact that she is there immediately puts pressure on myself to please her, not me. But she didn't come, so that's really okay. (:

I paid with my own money too (yay responsibility). The reason why I like this Auntie so much is because she never ceases to make me look pretty. Whenever I want my hair short (definition of short in Mama's terms: Below the ears), she will layer my hair. Of course I love layered hair! Its so "swooshy" :D

Anyway, going down to the hair salon was a big deal for me at that time. Plus, I'm going to Ngee Ann i n 2014 (InsyaAllah) so I can wear tudong! Might as well experiment with a real fringe before its too late :P

Tuesday
Ichiban(Yunnan) Childcare: I'm back at the Childcare again! :D


That's me in the middle teaching the N1 kids. They are overwhelmingly adorable that I look past their 'little' mistakes. That's my problem, because I'm not firm enough with the kids. Alhamdulillah Cik Ani is there to supervise me. She is really firm, compared to me. (Because their cuteness overwhelms me). There's this boy Shue Kai (I'm not sure if that's how you spell his name) He is so obedient, but he seeks attention. But when you're firm with him, he will listen. (Hence, I have to be more assertive to N1 kids)

K1 children are much more well-behaved compared to N1 (bcos they're a year older). They will share when you tell them to share gently.  Example:
Girl with the paisley tights: *starts telling me her story about swimming while she colours an picture of the ocean*
Girl who didn't come yesterday: *trying to make an effort in colouring yesterday's homework*

This is a situation in which I have to decide who to give my attention to. Alhamdulillah I chose to motivate the Girl who didn't come yesterday to quickly finish up her worksheet so that she can continue the current day's work. Girl with paisely tights noted my change in attention, so she got back to her work.

But...this didn't last long.
Girl with paisely tights complained: Teacher! See, she never do her work.
Me: She is doing, see? She is colouring the alphabets from N to Z. (My name initials! Huhuhu...but obviously I didn't say that out loud)

Times like this, I have to move to another table if Teacher Rani isn't supervising already (:

Oh here's my reply to Cik Ani (Principal of Ichiban(Yunnan) Childcare Center)


AND...I took the train home myself. Next Tuesday I can leave the house after Subuh so that Mama won't have to send me! :DD

Alhamdulillah I'm reading Catherine Lim's book "The Song of Silver Frond" ♥

ps: 2017 edit – nurul never went to the poly she wanted to go to after she graduated from SOTA. instead she was offered a place in NTU, ADM and she's content with her progress as a student. Alhamdulillah for everything.